WEST DISTRICT POLICE.
DEMOGRAPHIC PROFILE (AS PER CENCUS 2011)
Total Population : 9,17,534
• Males : 4,65,279
• Females : 4,52,255
• SC : 2, 11,832 (23%)
• ST : 2, 01,857 (22%)
• West Tripura District (Old) was created : 01/09/1970.
• New District started from : 21/01/2012.
Total Area : 983 Sq. KM.
Literacy percentage : 91.31%
• Literacy percentage (Male) : 94.44%
• Literacy percentage (Female) : 88.10%
Number of Sub-Divisions : 03 (Sadar, Jirania & Mohanpur)
Number of Block : 06 (Hezamara, Mohanpur, Lefunga, Dukli, Jirania & Mandwi)
Number of Police Subdivisions : 03 [Central(Agartala),Sadar (Mohanpur)
Number of Gram Panchayat : 70
Number of Nagar Panchayat/AMC : 01/01
Number of ADC Village : 77
Number of Revenue villages : 96
DUTIES OF THE DISTRICT POLICE
To uphold and enforce the law impartially
To protect life, liberty, property, human rights and dignity of the members of the public
To promote and preserve public order
To protect internal security including prevention of terrorist activities and breaches of communal harmony etc.
To protect public properties including roads, railways, bridges, vital installations and establishments etc.
To Prevent and detect the crime
To accurately register all complaints brought before police
To register and investigate all cognizable offences with supply of copy of the First Information Report
To create and maintain a feeling of security in the community
To provide active assistance to public/other agencies in disaster management
To facilitate orderly movement of people and vehicles by way of traffic regulation
To collect intelligence relating to matters affecting public peace
To take charge of all unclaimed property
COMMUNITY POLICING (THROUGH PRAYAAS):
(a) Issues discussed
• Crime Against Women
• Road Traffic Accidents.
• Counseling for domestic violence.
• Human Rights
• Rumor Mongering
• Communal Harmony
• Role of public in Crime Prevention
• Disaster Management.
(b) Subdivision wise no. of Prayaas Beats:
Name of PSs Total No. of Beats
Central (Agartala) Police Sub-division :
West Agartala PS 12
East Agartala PS 10
Agartala Women PS 05
Bodhjong Nagar PS 04
Amtali PS 04
Sadar (Mohanpur ) Police Subdivision
Airport PS 08
Sidhai PS 10
Lefunga PS 08
Jirania Police Subdivision
Jirania PS 12
Ranirbazar PS 07
Radhapur PS 06
Mandwai PS 05
Srinagar PS 09
Total Beats in District 95
RIGHTS OF THE PEOPLE:
• Copy of FIR should be given to the complainant forthwith at free of cost.
• To get a copy of seizure list (the person in possession of the seized items/place)
• Complainant should be informed the reason in case of FIR is not registered
• Progress in the investigation of case and enquiry into any complaints should be communicated to the informant/victim
• Provide all assistance to the women, victim of heinous crimes
• Individual/public in the event of arrest by the police have the following rights :
To inform the ground of arrest
To inform the relative or friend
To have a lawyer of his/her choice
To know the identity of the Police personnel effecting arrest
To be examined by medical practitioner etc.
In bailable offence, offer of bail shall be made immediately after arrest.
In non bailable offence, the arrested person or his relative should be properly briefed
• Women and children shall be examined preferably at their residence.
• In the case of women accused, they should be questioned only in presence of Women Police Personnel.
• Arrest of women shall not be made in between sunset and sunrise under normal circumstances.
• Children accused of any offence shall be dealt in accordance with the provisions of the Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection) Act. They should not be held in custody along with adult offenders.
|Tripura State Rifles|
|Salute to Martyrs|
|List of Awardees|
Content on this website is managed by Tripura Police, For any query regarding this website Please email: